Course Comments

This is for the Master of Metaphysical Healing course comments, offered through the Universal Life Church Seminary. Please feel free to comment and engage in meaningful discussion. The course can be found at Metaphysical Healing Course.

Friday, March 18, 2011

A Course In Miracles Study

Essay: Surrendering Attachment to Results
Name:  Elizabeth S. Hamilton
          
I enjoyed each lesson and feel I benefited from reading, pondering and responding to those requested.  For me, the Lesson 14 is the most challenging, so think I will respond to this one.  It is not that any of the lessons is easy, that's for sure, but Lesson 14 stands out.

Giving up attachment to results seems to go against everything that we were taught as students in school, at work and at play.  We are always fixated on "getting" something for our efforts.   The lesson refers to prayer as a means to ask God to give us or to create something for us.  And so the have the evidence that we have admitted to 'lack'; and at this point, we are buying into fear.   For, if we feel lack, we feel fear.  There is no other way of perceiving lack.  Remember, there is either Love or Fear - and anything that is not Love is Fear.  So if we are feeling lack, we are not having loving thoughts, so, therefore, we are having Fear thoughts.    We need to be accepting at all times of exactly where we are.  For it is only in the Now of existence where we have the power.   Any time we are attached to some other effect , rather than accepting the present as God sends us, we are having attachment to results and are actually accepting Fear into our lives.

Accepting Fear thinking is not God's intention for us.  We are creating, have created, or will create exclusively to the degree to which we accept the Present.  After all, isn't it all about accepting the present and making the very most of it?   For if we are not living, accepting, loving, forgiving in the Present,  we are either living in the past or future, neither of which really exist.   Giving up attachment to results also means giving into God.  What is the reality of giving into God?   For one, it is celebrating, being thankful and loving what we already have - the abundance we have, the joy we have - all of the things we have and are creating.   .......As I type this essay, I am totally grateful for these fingers, this mind, this brain, the music I hear in the background, the warm room where I sit, the computer on which I am typing and the honor of getting to participate in this program, and so on.    How difficult it is to give up attachment to a future result even though I a thankful and participate in the present moment.   I must know that all will unfold as I embrace the present moment.  For in the present moment I am sending out either positive or negative thoughts as I sit and type this essay.   

Asking God for 'things', people, money, relationship indicates a lack of having what we already need.  I admit that when I do ask for something, something else always seems to pop up!  And the thing or person that pops up is exactly what we needed in the first place, or what I needed in the first place!    How funny life is.   For example, right now in my career, things do not seem to be coming out the way I thought they would.   Classes are small and clients are few.   So messages are here. And right now I am learning that all my circumstances are here to teach me important lessons that I need to learn....or the "results" I am experiencing would not be manifesting now.  So for me, it is about totally accepting what comes my way without attachment to what I thought I wanted!   For what I really want for my highest good IS happening right now.   And I might pray:  God, thank you for the present moment. I have everything I need right now.  I know and am aware that everything in my life is unfolding exactly the way it needs.  And I am thankful to have learned in this life that you, not I, am in charge.  Give me the grace to let go my ego and embrace all present moments.
 

Suggestion:  Review and edit all the 'typos'.  There are not so many, but correcting them would improve the presentation of script.  

One other note:  Forgiveness:  There is no one or anything to forgive really.  Forgiveness, to me, means the ability to let go of a relationship's effects and know that any Fear thoughts are only letting me know that it is Love that is only real.    "Teach only love, for this is what you are."  This is my favorite

saying in ACIM.  Remaining here, celebrating here and growing here is an honor.  Fear thoughts are only looking for Love.  They are prompts that we need to learn to see the Love in all life's situations.

Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this program, Amy and Loretta.  It is interesting that this came along at this time in my life when I am in this amazing transition in career, location and relationship.
Bye bye for now.   


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have various classes in Christianity, one on Wicca, along with several Pagan courses, more than a few courses about Metaphysics with more being added regularly.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free, legal and lasts for life, so please take advantage of our Free Online Ordination.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of minister supplies.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and am proud to have started the Seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar
 

No comments:

Post a Comment