Course Comments

This is for the Master of Metaphysical Healing course comments, offered through the Universal Life Church Seminary. Please feel free to comment and engage in meaningful discussion. The course can be found at Metaphysical Healing Course.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Metaphysical Healing

Questions For the Heart and Mind

1. How do you view the Bible and how do you use Scripture in your daily life?
 
I view the Bible as an integral part of my life. I use Scripture in my daily life as my daily spiritual bread. It is my ongoing nourishment. I read about Jesus' words, actions, and take His example as the template of my being. When I need to make a crucial decision in my life, I never do so without prayer first and reading the Bible. At different times of my life different parts of the Bible have given me inspiration. I carry my Bible to work with me, and at times I read verses from it to give me strength and wisdom for the day.
 
2. Describe a myth that is currently a part of your life. What is its origin? How   does it influence you in a positive or negative way?
 
A myth that is currently part of my life is that a woman without a husband, father or brother to direct her life and her life decisions is often of  little value. I experience at times that as an independent woman, my views are not always taken seriously. At one stage when I was dealing with a normal everyday issue, I was told to come back with a male at my side to talk for me. When I questioned the reason why, I was told that the Scriptures say that a man should be at the head of the household, and the woman should keep silent. I pointed out that my father has passed away (RIP) and I am a single independent woman needing to deal with daily issues. I was then told that this was unScriptural, I should go away and get a husband, because a woman is not able to look after herself, only a man can look after her. I have found that this myth has been positive for me in that it has inspired me to stand up and become emotionally strong. It has been a negative influence in that it can cause friction in daily life in encounters when I need to deal with people who have some degree of this myth in their thought system.
  1. As you read the first three chapters of the Book of Genesis, what feelings do these words evoke? Where are these feelings coming from?
The first three chapters of Genesis evoke feelings of gratitude in me, that God chose humanity in form of man and women to be made in His Image and Likeness. (Gen.1;27). I feel this to be an honour, grace and blessing. These chapters inspire me to want to develop traits in myself which are characteristic of God. These traits would include His truthfulness, creativity, loving Nature.
The first three chapters of Genesis also evoke memories of feelings of rejection and hurt I experienced when, as a girl child, I was taught these chapters and told that as a girl I should be ashamed for causing the fall of man who was superior. As a four year old I could not correlate the love I was experiencing that God had for me with what I was being told, that I was of a gender responsible for bad events which had happened. These feelings come from early childhood training about the Scriptures, and present experiences of the goodness and love of God.
4. What difference would it make to you as a woman or man to re-interpret these verses of Scripture as has been suggested in this lesson?
 
It would make a difference to me as a woman to re-interpret the verses of Scriptures not that I am a vessel of blame for man's downfall, but that I am a helpmate at man's side, both co-equal in the grace of God's loving creation of us to fit us for a world of learning before attaining eternal life. I find it most helpful as suggested in this lesson that it is conceivable that the story in the Garden is a story of initiation instead of punishment and loss. It makes more sense to me, in the light of my own experience as a person on this earth.


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have various classes in Christianity, one on Wicca, along with several Pagan courses, more than a few courses about Metaphysics with more being added regularly.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free, legal and lasts for life, so please take advantage of our Free Online Ordination.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of minister supplies.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and am proud to have started the Seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment